Monday, December 28, 2020

My Favorite Zelda Games (sorta)


I often get asked by my son which Zelda game is my favorite, or which order I would put them in if I were to rank them. But making an ordered list would be kinda like listing your children in order of how much you love them - it just isn’t done.
But despite that, there are clearly some that I have enjoyed more than others, so instead I have them in tiers/categories using a family relations analogy, along with an estimate of how often I could play them.


1. Siblings/Parents/Kids (when getting along): These are your closest/favorite relations; it’s only natural that you love your own kids more than others. I could play these any time and not get tired of them. LttP, MM, WW, BotW




2. Grandparents: you know them well and love to visit often but you’re also sometimes glad that you get an occasional break from them. I can play these two or three times a year and be good.  OoT, ST, LoZ, LA, OoA, OoS, TP, ALBW




3. Niece/Nephew: The fun little relatives that are good in small doses. AoL, MC, PH, BSLoZ, AST, CoH, AoC. I could play these once every 2 years and be satiated. 




4. Second Cousins: Okay when you can get a small group together for a quick visit, but you don’t actively hang out with them. FS, FSA, TFH, SS, LXBT, TBToL, BQ, MNPTP, HW. Maybe once every 5 years for these. 




5. Creepy uncle/Drunk mean aunt: Distant relative you tolerate at family get-togethers. You avoid them whenever possible. NT, FPTRRL, TBFDS, G&W:Z Playing these once a decade is good. 




6. Red-headed step children: You begrudgingly acknowledge their existence but you don’t want to have any dealings with them if at all possible. TLoZGW, L:FoE, Z:WoG, ZA, TMTP. Playing these only once is more than enough. 




7. Good Friends:  You hang out with them whenever you can, enjoy their company, you chose them and built a relationship over the years. These would be games in the Mario, Metroid, Megaman, Castlevania, and Ace Attorney series, among others.




No comments:

Post a Comment